Project Salient Features
|Project Location||Bharapa, Nagin and Phidim VDCs|
|Name of the River||Hewa Khola / Pheme Khola|
|Type of Scheme||Run-of-River|
|Installed Capacity||21,600 KW|
|Annual Energy||116.261 GWh|
|Gross Head||175.50 m|
|Net Head||170.95 m|
|Mean annual discharge||13.616 m3/s (Hewa) & 5.76 m3/s (Pheme)|
|Design Discharge||10.10 m3/s (Hewa) & 4.70 m3/s (Pheme)|
|Design Flood Discharge||1000 m3/s (Hewa) & 608 m3/s (Pheme)|
|Catchments Area||237.45 km2 (Hewa) & 110.30 km2 (Pheme)|
|Weir||40 m Concrete weir, Ogee Shaped (Hewa) & 26 m (Pheme)|
|Intake Structure||Side Intake (3.00 m x 1.10 m) – Hewa
Side Intake (3.00 m x 1.00 m) – Pheme
|Desanding Basin (L*B)||65 m x 12 m ( 2 nos) – Hewa
60 m x 5 m (2 nos) – Pheme
|Headrace Tunnel||1296 m – Hewa
3,997 m – Pheme
130 m – Adit
|Surge Tank||Restricted Orifice, 6m (D)X27.13m (H)|
|Penstock||2.4m to 2.6 m dia, 610m length|
|Power House||Surface, 3×7.2 Francis Turbines, VOITH Hydro India|
|Tailrace Canal||3.0m(W) x 2.1m(D), 110m length|
|Switchyard||Outdoor Type, 50m x 20m|
|Power Evacuation||132 KV Transmission Line of 3 km upto Jorsal Phidim Substation of Kabeli Corridor.|
Project’s Development Status
Corporate Progress and Clearance Status of the Project:
- Survey already completed and Generation Lisence has already been obtained.
- License issued and approval obtained for 9500 KW dated 2070/04/17
- License amended and approval issued for 21600 KW dated 2070/12/27
- Valid Upto 2105/04/08
TL Survey License:
- For 132 KV, 21.6 MW
- Validity Upto 2073/04/05, Obtained Dated 2071/04/15
- IEE under progress,
- Grid Connection Agreement signed dated 2070/12/06 with condition of “Dispatchable Energy” for 6.3 MW.
- 1st amendment made vide 690th NEA Board 2071/06/26 ( Letter received dated 2071/06/31), deleted provision of dispatchable energy for 6.3 MW and considered for “Take or Pay” for 21.6 MW.
Power Purchase Agreement:
- PPA signed dated 2071/04/09, for the total capacity of 21.6 MW with condition of “Dispatchable Energy i.e. Take and Pay Provision” for 6.3 MW.
- Amendment made for 21.6 MW vide NEA Board dated 2071/06/26, deleted provision of dispatchable energy for 6.3 MW and considered for “Take or Pay” for 21.6 MW.
- Teriffs: Dry Season @ NPR 4.8 per unit & Wet Season @ NPR 8.4 per unit, with annual escalation of 3% for 5 initial operational years.
- Excess Energy to be bought by NEA @50%of applicable tariff rate after issuing of Dispatch Instruction.
VDC, Local Community etc:
- Clearance from all VDCs ( Phidim, Nagin & Bharappa VDCs of Pachthar District ) and Local Communities thereof,
- Clearance from all community forests of Phidim (Deurali Community Forest & Dada Community Forest) individually and jointly.
- Approval from the National Forest is already obtained.
IEE Study & Approval:
- Initial Environmental Examintion (IEE) for LHKHP with 9.5 MW had been completed and was approved by GoVN dated 2069/08/18.
- Supplementary IEE was completed for 21.6 MW and was approved by GoVN dated 2070/10/09.
- Loan financing is being done by a consortium of Nepalese Banks and the facility agreement signed dated 2072/03/31
- Supplementary Facility Agreement has also been signed for full credit facility at D:E Ratio of 70:30. Thus total project cost of NRS 3667.5 Million is financed by Debt of NRS. 2567.2 Million and Equity of NRS 1100.0 Million.
- Consortium Banks are:
- Prime Commercial Bank Limited- Lead Bank
- Rastriya banijya Bank
- Hydro Investment & Development Co. Ltd
- Kailesh Bikas Bank Ltd
- International Dev. Bank Ltd
- Prabhu Bank Ltd
- Apex Dev. Bank Ltd
- Janata Bank Nepal Ltd
- Siddhartha Bank Ltd
- Nepal Investment Bank Ltd
- Mega Bank Ltd
- Century Commercial Bank Ltd
- Key Terms of facility Agreement:
- Interest Rate- 10%, Subject to semi-annual revision as per prevailing market rate,
- Construction Period- 3 Years & Loan Repayment- 12 Years excluding Construction Period,
- Mortgage of All Property of Project,
- Personal Guarantee Deed with Directors,
- Prepayment Charge of 3% of Outstanding Loan,
- IDC capitalization as per NRB Approval,